Elise Sweeney Founder/Advisory Board/Retired
• Owner Manager- Retail / Fundraising events / Volunteer Nar Anon
• Associate Liberal Arts - Certificate Interior Design
"My son was 14 when he started drinking and using drugs and is now 32 in recovery. He has two children that both mothers are in addiction. It wasn't until I went to visited Thistle Farms and listening to the residents stories just touched my heart and thats when God put it on my heart that I needed to do more to help women in Loudoun County. Safe Haven Recovery / Dandelion Meadow started in Feb. of 2017."
• Certified Coach, Team and executive coach, helping teams to work better together. Coaching since 2004. Volunteer on several boards in the past in all roles, from president, to programs, fundraising, and more.
• BA degree - St. Mays College of Southern Maryland and the Unviersity of London. International Coach Federation Certification of Professional Certified Coach.
"I believe that everyone has been impacted by a loved one who faces or faced addiction. In light of that, when we help serve some women in recovery, suppport them, set them up for long term success, we will make a big difference. My role on the board is for the board's success. We are all volunteers, and I saw an opportunity to help this board get organized, stand on solid footing, and move forward. I am honored to serve in this role."
Stephanie R Gumm
Financial Planner, Vice Chair
• Financial planner and advisor with MassMutual-Capitol District. The majority of my practice is working with business owners helping them thrive as well as individual families.
• BA - Randolph-Macon Woman's College
"I learned early on from my father that "As you look back upon your life you will find your greatest moments are when you have done things for others." I have found many of my greatest joys in life serving others. The last decade I have done so professionally as a financial advisor and planner serving women, families and small business owners."
Chantelle DiLorenzo, Esq.
• Partner at the Geller Law Group and current chair of estate planning and probate teams
• Applied Health Science (Dietetics), B.S. Indiana University; Juris Doctor (Cert. in Health Law and Bioethics), University of Pittsburgh
"Being involved with an organization that supports women is important to me. I see how vital a role women play in their families in my work, and often if a woman crumbles, that family crumbles too. I love the idea of giving women a safe place to heal and get her feet back under hear- learn a skill- gain a support network- feel proud- so that she can return to be a pillar in her familiy and community."
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSATP),
Licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Practitioner (LSATP),
Master Addiction Counselor (MAC)
• Co-Founder, Chief Operations Officer, and Therapist for Insight Into Action Therapy & Insight Recovery Centers. Also serve on the board for the Virginia Association of Addiction Professionals and Loudoun County Community Services Board. I have worked in the field of Mental Health and Substance Us since 1995. I have worked in settings ranging from detention to residenital to courts to home-based services and currently in an outpatient private practice setting.
• BS in Psychology from GMU, Masters in Social Work from VCU
"Too often with in the field of substance use and addiction, I have seen individuals and families struggling only to be given misinformation about treatment. I have seen the clinical element of treatment get minimized, overshadowed, and hijacked by the concept of recovery, often defined in the context of 12-Step facilitation. Ultimately leaving everyone frustrated, angry, and alone. I joined Dandelion Meadow to both educate and bring a comprehensive approach and a level of integrity to substance use care. By combining the elements of treatment, therapy, diagnosis, and support we can help the women of the program get the appropriate level of care they require."
Joshua Cagney, M.A.
Chief Operating Officer
Mental Health Administrator
B.S.S. in Economics and Business Law; Ohio Univeristy
M.A. in Psychology; The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Ph.D. Candidate in Organizational Leadership; The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
• Operations officer for an intensive outpatient, and general outpatient mental health practice; Actively participates in outreach, education, and advocacy efforts focused on criminal justice and addiction issues.
"Having been in recovery for nearly two decades, and working with individuals and families struggling with addiction, I have grown weary of seeing people fall through the cracks because of their inclusion in underserved populations - or receive treatment that falls far short of long-term ethical care. From personal loss to triumph I have been fortunate enough to witness the power that comes from a grain of hope shared with someone who suffers. Dandelion Meadow has the potential to impact the lives of women, children, and families in a way that transcends socioeconomic lines, and creates a lasting recovery from that single grain of hope."
• Native Washingtonian realtor who knows the Northern Virginia home market. Background in corporate Finance and IT. Member of the Board of Directors for Dulles Area Association of Realtors (DAAR) and board member of Purcellivlle Business Association.
"I had an alcoholic mother and a heroin addicted daughter. Most addiction I have witnessed has an underlying mental illness or truama attached that doesn't always get addressed. My belief is that a comprehensive recovery program will ensure success and I believe that Dandelion Meadow has that vision and approach."
Managing Director, Marsh
Megan McClellan is the Sales Leader for the Southeast region of Marsh. In this capacity, she is responsible for growth, retention, and overall sales strategy for the region. Megan advises her clients in all areas of risk and insurance with a focus on Directors & Officers Liability risk and insurance issues.
Prior to joining Marsh, Megan practiced as an attorney, primarily focused on Directors & Officers insurance coverage law and insurance coverage litigation more broadly.
Megan is passionate about women in recovery having seen it up close and personally. She is a strategic thinker and will help in the capacity of Secretary on the board in addition to other volunteer duties.
Coach, Trainer, Consultant
Leadership Development Coach, Trainer & Human Resources Consultant with a passion for empowering the next generation of leaders with tools that will enable them to thrive.
MS Management – University of Central Florida; BA Organizational Communication – Rollins College. John Maxwell Team Certified Coach, Trainer and Speaker.
“Human Trafficking is the one of the largest forms of slavery around the world and happens far more than people know in the USA. Right here in the DC Metro area, trafficking is a $100 million+ business. Abuse by family, significant others and friends is how many women become enslaved trafficking victims. I am dedicated to bringing awareness to this global pandemic and supporting organizations like Dandelion Meadow who are helping victims of human trafficking and sexual exploitation heal and become Survivors & Victors.”
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Nicole Dixon, MBA
Finance Supervisor with GDIT and Owner/Senior Bookkeeping Consultant with Wright Accounting Solutions LLC. My work involves helping entrepreneurs and small businesses confidently grow their businesses without the worries of accounting.
MBA and BS in Business/Accounting – University of Phoenix
I live and thrive off woman empowerment because together as a tribe there are no limits to what can be accomplished. It is inspiring to be part of an organization that provides not only a safe place but also skills and a support system for women to rebuild themselves and acknowledge their purpose on earth. I find that as a woman it is important to help the next woman succeed in life because we create and shape the future of our nation.
“Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women”. ~ Maya Angelou